Login Register




The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.


Port forwarding problems filter_list
Author
Message
Port forwarding problems #1
So I've managed to accomplish quite a bit today. So I decided to play around and see what I can do with my UbuntuServer. I decided I'm going to use this to build maps/spawns and then upload them to my actual server.

What I'm using:
Windows 7 & Ubuntu Server

I am using VirtualBox VM on a bridged network connection for the virtualization.

I changed the dhcp ip to a static one. On my router it's x.x.x.19 is what I changed it to.

Next I go into my router settings and port forward the port (22222) for this example... to the ip x.x.x.19:22222. Show when I start the server and try to login using my standard mc client I get this error in the server:
(/x.x.x.31:##### lost connection) The # are always random numbers...

And on my minecraft client it says "can't connect to server."
I figure this has to be a port forwarding problem. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyone offer any insite? Or reading/suggestions on what I should do?
TemplarCraft! <--- Click here for minecraft!






Messages In This Thread
Port forwarding problems - by Templar.Clown - 08-05-2014, 08:33 PM