Login Register






Google Sells your private information? filter_list
Author
Message
Google Sells your private information? #1
I used a German proxy for less than 10 minutes to access a certain website the last night. I did not register/login to any website using that proxy, or accessed any other German website other than a German University Website. I did not even click on any Advertisement links.

And I started getting advertisement mails that originates from Germany based websites [Not related to what I accessed using the German Proxy].

[Image: jrZP2St.jpg]

Now, what I think, is that this cannot be just a random thing. I've never used a German Proxy before, neither did I ever visit any German Website except in this case.
And getting half a dozen mails from Germany-based websites right after using a German Proxy and accessing a german website cannot be just a coincidence.

So, how did those German Websites get me email id suddenly?
I think Google is behind this, silently sharing the user details to 3rd party websites.
[Image: MUJ8qSW.png]
-----------------------------------
Now learning:
Android Development, Java
Working on:
An FTP Client for Android
-----------------------------------

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Google Sells your private information? - by alok9shm - 08-03-2014, 04:19 PM