RE: 5 Things Every Beginner Hacker Should Know 07-13-2014, 11:52 PM
#6
(07-13-2014, 07:23 PM)chmod Wrote:(07-13-2014, 07:15 PM)rexasarus Wrote:(07-13-2014, 04:34 PM)chmod Wrote: You forgot the most important thing learn to Google! Not only is it a fantastic tool for learning, but if you know how to effectively use dorks it's an incredibly useful information gathering tool.
Because for some of us, typing strings of characters into a search bar is too difficult
What I'm saying is some people skip Google altogether and ask questions here that have been answered literally thousands of times on the internet, and as I said using Google correctly is a great reconnaissance tool (I don't mean searching for random sql vulnerable pages) you can quickly find a wealth of information on a target system or organisation.
If you can do that then good for you (I mean that not sarcastically) but other people are not aware of it. And think Google is all about just typing a question into a search box and scrolling through hundreds of pages of results.
I suppose you're right, however most of the already answered questions you find on websites lack the specifics you need. This is where I would choose to post a thread asking for help on here as apposed to just looking at similar topics that contain information that only vaguely touches what I'm after...
On the other hand, I guess you're right. If you know exactly what you're looking for, then google will almost definately have something relavent that can help. Personally I would rather ask on here, because to me, scanning through different websites looking for something specific doesn't appear as a brilliant use of time :Sarcastic:
Also I haven't said it yet, but this is a good thread, thank you RootTheSystem



![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)