Login Register






Make an Operating System filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Make an Operating System #8
(06-17-2014, 09:58 AM)Geoff Wrote:
(06-17-2014, 09:49 AM)root@localhost Wrote:
(06-17-2014, 07:36 AM)NinjaKnight Wrote:
(06-17-2014, 07:16 AM)Geoff Wrote: You'll probably want to know C (Not C#), Assembly, and a good understanding of binary and how the computer architecture actually works at a very low level, eg how the CPU handles instructions, memory management, etc. not to mention bootstrapping, device drivers and so on. Its not a simple task you can learn in a couple months afaik. even if its just a basic DOS like OS.

At least I can start learning them. I get a lot of free time on my hands. I am not exactly sure what bootstrapping is? Could you please explain.

If I am correct. Bootstrapping is the process where you can proceed to something without an external input

that sounds very dictionary-esque

i dont have any particular interest of going into detail... this looks like a good intro based on the first 90 seconds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nslY1s0U9_c

Wikipedia is there for a reason lol :troll:







Reply





Messages In This Thread
Make an Operating System - by NinjaKnight - 06-17-2014, 06:49 AM