Login Register




The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.


RaccoonCity's XSS Handbook filter_list
Author
Message
RE: RaccoonCity's XSS Handbook #20
(06-10-2014, 11:36 AM)ralf93 Wrote:
(06-10-2014, 08:55 AM)RaccoonCity Wrote:
(06-10-2014, 08:39 AM)ralf93 Wrote: so how do you XSS a site who has no search and comment box and its links are like this example.com/contact.html
(sorry but im a noob at XSS)

I explained this to @Jinxed before, but I can explain it again.

Let's say that the url looks like this:
Code:
www.example.com/contact.html

Now, if I would change contact.html to something random like:
Code:
www.example.com/ladkfgjlkajd

It would display a page saying that "ladkfgjlkajd" doesn't exist.
Okay, let's type some HTML in there.

Code:
www.example.com/"><script>alert(1);</script>

Now when it shows that "><script>alert(1);</script> doesn't excist, it will hopefully execute the payload. Smile

many thanks Biggrin but i tried it and it gave me thir 404 error :p

Code:
Not Found The requested URL /"><script>alert(1);</script> was not found on this server.

Yeah, sometimes people have cutomized 404 errors.
But this was just an example, there's more ways of doing it. Smile

Reply





Messages In This Thread