Login Register






Need Help filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Need Help #3
(06-07-2014, 06:20 AM)Netero Wrote: [...] I'm a new guy in web development I know some of the tools that I need , PHP ,Javascript & MySql.

And I want to ask is using those tools enough to do it or I need other tools (ie. Programming Language), I have heard that you can create websites with Python, so I want to ask are those enough or I have to learn other things ?!

HTML & CSS & JavaScript & MySQL & (PHP | Python | perl | less-common-others) is enough for you needs. I assume you have to store data about students (i.e. grades), so that every student has a personal profile.

Basically, HTML and CSS for the layout, MySQL for students' data and any programming language to deal with the database. The most common languages are PHP and Python. You will find people quarelling about which one is the best, but for you needs you really don't have to go into this, since this sounds like a "basic" database application (sorry, I don't mean to be reductive).
An important note: when choosing the programming language, be sure to check if the web server where the website will run is configured to support it.

Of course, if you want a very high quality work you should also consider both design issues (is the service usable? Are the colors used fair to people with sight disturbs? Does the layout scale correctly with the screen size? ...) and efficiency issues (are connections to database exploited correctly? Are my algorithms too resource-wasting? ...).

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Need Help - by Netero_mybb_import16981 - 06-07-2014, 06:20 AM