What is life? 05-29-2014, 02:25 PM
#1
Seriously guys, what is life?
How do I know any of you are real?
How do any of you know if I'm real?
How do you know if I, and everything around you, are not just figments of your imagination?
Perhaps you're really in a coma right now, or even lost in a blank space doomed to an eternity of living in your imagination?
I'm not just saying this to mind-fuck you either. I seriously do wonder if any of you are even real and I'm the only real person in this world. I wonder if I actually have created you all, the food you eat, and the houses you live in with just my imagination. What if at one point, I may have just decided what the necessities of life are. Because of that I created languages, food, people, animals, civilization, and all of that myself. How do I know I'm not just painting you all in my mind, and once I can't see or hear you anymore you just suddenly disappear until I paint you back in again?
We don't really have any way of knowing what is real and what is not real since there's always something behind everything that will always go unanswered. And if we/I/anyone finds that answer, well, what's behind that? And what's behind that? And after that? It's just like "God", how do we know what created him, her, or it? And what created the thing that created God?
It's endless and painful for me to know that we can't actually know any of this.
How do I know any of you are real?
How do any of you know if I'm real?
How do you know if I, and everything around you, are not just figments of your imagination?
Perhaps you're really in a coma right now, or even lost in a blank space doomed to an eternity of living in your imagination?
I'm not just saying this to mind-fuck you either. I seriously do wonder if any of you are even real and I'm the only real person in this world. I wonder if I actually have created you all, the food you eat, and the houses you live in with just my imagination. What if at one point, I may have just decided what the necessities of life are. Because of that I created languages, food, people, animals, civilization, and all of that myself. How do I know I'm not just painting you all in my mind, and once I can't see or hear you anymore you just suddenly disappear until I paint you back in again?
We don't really have any way of knowing what is real and what is not real since there's always something behind everything that will always go unanswered. And if we/I/anyone finds that answer, well, what's behind that? And what's behind that? And after that? It's just like "God", how do we know what created him, her, or it? And what created the thing that created God?
It's endless and painful for me to know that we can't actually know any of this.

![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)