Python: What are some good resources and how did you finally "get it"? 05-25-2014, 03:19 PM
#1
So, I have no background experience in any programming except for some Shell scripting (Bash) but I really didn't go into that too much since if you ever want to make a bash file you just simply type in a couple of google searches and figure out the commands and shiz you want..
Like I was saying, no experience in programming and python seems like a great place to start except I'm having a hard time finding solid resources that I can learn from. I downloaded the book "Learn python the hard way", it sucked. The book was way too abstract for me. I went on some sites that were dedicated to teaching python but most assume you have done some programming before or they don't explain everything. I want to learn python extremely bad as I want to have fun with it and begin to write my own tools and start projects/building CLI programs. Python to me is an ideal place to start for me.
Two questions:
What are some really good books/sites/videos/whatever that you highly reccomend?
How did you exactly learn python? What way made it click for you?
Suggestions? Thanks.
Like I was saying, no experience in programming and python seems like a great place to start except I'm having a hard time finding solid resources that I can learn from. I downloaded the book "Learn python the hard way", it sucked. The book was way too abstract for me. I went on some sites that were dedicated to teaching python but most assume you have done some programming before or they don't explain everything. I want to learn python extremely bad as I want to have fun with it and begin to write my own tools and start projects/building CLI programs. Python to me is an ideal place to start for me.
Two questions:
What are some really good books/sites/videos/whatever that you highly reccomend?
How did you exactly learn python? What way made it click for you?
Suggestions? Thanks.

![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)