Login Register






School System Setup filter_list
Author
Message
School System Setup #3
Hi all,

I recently relocated schools, and my new school has some sort of weird set-up that I cant seem to figure out. It seems to me like booting up from LAN, but I don't think that is how it is.
So here is some info:

1. There are computers all over the school, Desktops and Laptops, and they all run Windows 7.
2. You can login to your own personal account from any of those computers, but the files (Desktop, Documents, pictures, etc..) are not synched, the only thing that is synched is a 'personal drive' that you can access when you login to a PC using your credentials. The teachers can access any students personal drive but not vice versa.
3. I tried booting up a computer from a linux distro, and I copied the SAM file (not with malicious intentions, seriously) and used some software to check the usernames in it, and I was surprised that there was only the default Administrator, and the Guest account, even though if you navigated (on their PC) to the C:/Users folder, you would see that there were files for all the students/teachers who logged in.
4. Furthermore you cant access any "Personal" or any of the shared drives while in the linux distro

I know that what I'm doing sounds malicious, I swear it inst, I'm just terribly curious.

Thanks in advance :-)

Reply





Messages In This Thread
School System Setup - by codyb - 04-19-2014, 08:11 AM
School System Setup - by codyb - 04-19-2014, 08:11 AM
School System Setup - by codyb - 04-19-2014, 08:11 AM