Login Register






Introduction to linux -Configuration and installation filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Introduction to linux -Configuration and installation #18
(04-12-2014, 01:51 PM)BORW3 Wrote: But how can I install ubuntu linux using only hardrive and unetbootin on windows 7. I partitioned my hardrive with windows partitioner and booted to ubuntu installation with unetbootin, but I didn't see the partition I had created using windows partitionaer, why is this?


Please note: I had 4 partitions before while trying to use unetbootin and still had fou after creating the new partition with windows partitioner and booting to unetbootin to install ubuntu.

Help me out.

If you had 4 partitions before using the partitioning utility and 4 after, the partition was not created successfully.

The most likely issue is that all 4 partitions are primary, which is the limit for this type on a disk you will need an extended partition for one of your data partitions.

And as a warning always back up your data before changing anything like this. I will not be held responsible for any damage or loss of data. If you are unsure how to perform this use Google to search for the methods and make sure you fully understand what you are doing.
If you need help feel free to PM me
[Image: klfpJD]
Probitcoin
Freebitcoin
BTC clicks
bitcoin wallet:
1FBPAanbs3rJU9BUpobpDJc9hHUaCaC25N

Reply





Messages In This Thread