Login Register






Keep an eye on your arp table filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Keep an eye on your arp table #9
(02-22-2014, 10:40 PM)Ligeti Wrote: Hello

Looks interesting Smile I tested it... but tere was a little tiny tiny error:

Quote:-----------------------------------------
[+] Starting monitoring (CTRL+C to stop)
[+] Nothing detected
[+] Wait 30 secs before next check
cp: cannot create regular file `.IP_MAC_compare.txt': Permission denied
[+] Nothing detected
[+] Wait 30 secs before next check
cp: cannot create regular file `.IP_MAC_compare.txt': Permission denied
[+] Nothing detected
[+] Wait 30 secs before next check
cp: cannot create regular file `.IP_MAC_compare.txt': Permission denied
[+] Nothing detected
[+] Wait 30 secs before next check

I think the reason is obvious, so I altered your code a little (sorry I did that without any previous permission)

Code:
25 cp .arp_backup.txt .IP_MAC.txt 26 chmon +w .IP_MAC_compare.txt 27 echo "[+] Starting monitoring (CTRL+C to stop)" 28 29 30 while [ 1 ]; 31 do 32 cat /proc/net/arp > .IP_MAC_compare.txt 33 34 diff .IP_MAC.txt .IP_MAC_compare.txt > .result.txt 35 if [ -e .result.txt ];

You will have to change the permissions for the .log.txt file as well

Thanks

Rather that change the permissions of files I think the intentions are to run this script with superuser/root permissions, nice workaround though
If you need help feel free to PM me
[Image: klfpJD]
Probitcoin
Freebitcoin
BTC clicks
bitcoin wallet:
1FBPAanbs3rJU9BUpobpDJc9hHUaCaC25N

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Keep an eye on your arp table - by hunt3r972 - 02-22-2014, 03:35 PM
Keep an eye on your arp table - by hunt3r972 - 02-22-2014, 03:35 PM