RE: MitM conceptual question 01-06-2014, 02:00 AM
#7
No one is confusing Evil Twin with MiTM here, I think that gBarreras is confusing honeypots with evil twin though. Because:
A honeypot is just a free (open) wireless network, Evil Twin on the other hand is a fake duplication of the original with a benefit, which is the signal power.
The password is needed to decrypt the packets, otherwise, what's the point?
AND... you'll have to reconnect manually when the AP configuration is changed! I don't know if this is a common issue or... a special case (I didn't dig into it much), but I sure tested it with Windows 7, Samsung Pocket (Android), and an Acer Tablet (Android).
Your thoughts?
Peace
Edit: I am really interested in your opinion guys...
A honeypot is just a free (open) wireless network, Evil Twin on the other hand is a fake duplication of the original with a benefit, which is the signal power.
The password is needed to decrypt the packets, otherwise, what's the point?
AND... you'll have to reconnect manually when the AP configuration is changed! I don't know if this is a common issue or... a special case (I didn't dig into it much), but I sure tested it with Windows 7, Samsung Pocket (Android), and an Acer Tablet (Android).
Your thoughts?
Peace
Edit: I am really interested in your opinion guys...
![[Image: wvBFmA5.png]](http://i.imgur.com/wvBFmA5.png)


![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)