RE: What is the meaning of life? 12-06-2013, 04:10 AM
#68
(12-06-2013, 03:19 AM)Maravilla Wrote: I think you're taking this the wrong way, I probably wrote it the wrong way, I'm sure you have a lot going for you, and I believe you, and I wish it really is this way. I'm dumb, I meant to say that people who don't have a lot to do with religion or believing in God usually don't care what the holy book says. Cheers.
In that case why does anything...anything?? If its up to believers then you know our answer, if you believe in the Big Bang then there you go. It's what you believe in that you're going to follow. As for "any other book", then I guess you've known many books that have the same accounts by men of different walks of life in different time eras who conclude the same things? Again, I just want to be clear that I didn't mean that you have nothing going for you, I meant that you probably have no interest in God or the bible going for you, which is respectable, I'm not those type of people who want to turn you into a saint, I respect your opinions and wish you the best.
First of all, let me get this clear.
Science isn't about "believing" in the same sense that religion does.There's a whole process for it such as but not limited to
- Observation
- Replication
- Interpretation
- Verification
> In that case why does anything...anything??
I agree, the universe doesn't need a creator.
I have interest in God or the bible, simply because it's all around me.
I can't believe in something without evidence.As I said earlier I can't give a false answer to myself to pretend to know,
I'll rather seek for answers myself.
> then I guess you've known many books that have the same accounts by men of different walks of life in different time eras who conclude the same things?
Such as?
> I'm not those type of people who want to turn you into a saint, I respect your opinions and wish you the best.
You are mistaken, bible doesn't turn people into saints.
I respect your opinion as well.
If you want to believe that Earth is 6,000 years old, then go ahead.




![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)