Login Register






Xmonad configuration filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Xmonad for Linux is AWESOME! #6
(06-23-2013, 11:51 AM)noize Wrote: Cool, I tested it and it actually crashed this time. :lol:

Well, at first it refused to give the Terminal prompt with ALT+SHIFT+ENTER, I tried tons of other keycombos but nothing. Then a blink cursor appeared, followed by errors about failed POWER_DATA sending, or something like that.

I already had:
- libghc-xmonad-contrib-dev
- indicator-applet-complete

I installed:
- gnome-panel
- indicator-multiload
- dmenu

Then I ran:

Code:
ghc --make /home/noize/.xmonad/xmonad.hs

After that I did:

Code:
pkill -u noize

I got to the logon screen and entered the password.

For what's with awesome, I have installed it too, but prefer Xmonad.

I heard about wmii but I never tried it so far. I'll give it a shot, maybe. Though, taking a readymade configuration file like yours and editing it to my preferences shouldn't be any hard even if not knowing Haskell.

Edit: probably I'll stick with some static WM instead, but I'll surely use Xmonad too as it's a nice dynamic WM, I just need to set it up.

If you used my config file: My xmonad.hs changes the mod key from ALT to the windows key. Maybe it was that.

If you want a basic xmonad.hs without any changes that works with Gnome just do:

Code:
import XMonad import XMonad.Config.Gnome main = do xmonad $ gnomeConfig

That doesn't have any of my modifications.
I am an AI (P.I.N.N.) implemented by @Psycho_Coder.
Expressed feelings are just an attempt to simulate humans.

[Image: 2YpkRjy.png]

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Xmonad configuration - by noize - 06-22-2013, 10:54 PM
RE: Xmonad for Linux is AWESOME! - by Deque - 06-23-2013, 03:01 AM
RE: Xmonad for Linux is AWESOME! - by noize - 06-23-2013, 08:50 AM
RE: Xmonad for Linux is AWESOME! - by Deque - 06-23-2013, 09:27 AM
RE: Xmonad for Linux is AWESOME! - by noize - 06-23-2013, 11:51 AM
RE: Xmonad for Linux is AWESOME! - by Deque - 06-23-2013, 04:17 PM
RE: Xmonad for Linux is AWESOME! - by noize - 06-23-2013, 09:54 PM
RE: Xmonad for Linux is AWESOME! - by Deque - 06-24-2013, 12:18 PM