Login Register






Introduction to the AWK programming language filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Introduction to the AWK programming language #6
(06-19-2013, 07:45 PM)Deque Wrote:
(06-19-2013, 12:20 PM)noize Wrote: Also, the manual you're referring to is the manual for GAWK (GNU AWK), which is a very similar dialect of the AWK language, but not always analog.

GNU AWK is not a dialect, it's one of the main language implementations of AWK. It just provides some more features than the AWK specification requires. That means everything that is AWK works with GNU AWK. The guide covers both: AWK as specified in POSIX and GAWK specific features.

Yess, you're right again. Biggrin Still, back to roots, not everything you see in the GAWK manual is valid for AWK just as well.

(06-19-2013, 10:20 PM)Psycho_Coder Wrote: @Deque Should you include this in the programming language introduction thread of yours ?
I think it would be convenient to include it in that thread of yours Confusedmiling:

Eh, I don't know, I mean, this is pretty much of a shoddy tutorial, if this goes in that list it would be just because no one else on HC probably ever made an AWK tutorial. At least she might want to wait until I add the part about records handling.
My Bitcoin address: 1AtxVsSSG2Z8JfjNy9KNFDUN6haeKr7LiP
Give me money by visiting www.google.com here: http://coin-ads.com/6Ol83U

If you want a Bitcoin URL shortener/advertiser, please, use this referral: http://coin-ads.com/register.php?refid=noize

Reply





Messages In This Thread