RE: From Script Kiddie to a Hacker - A Comprehensive Guide for the Misguided 06-08-2013, 04:39 PM
#5
Quote:I've read the definition and I know it, that is why I mentioned cracking is the illegal side of Hacking but still for me Hacking is not Cracking and believe me those methods are not hacking, Why? Read the Hacking definition. But here's the answer for you, Hacker (or Cracker as you say) use tools coded by himself and exploits, cracks etc using them but we are using stuff that others have made which is not even close to Hacking.
The second thing is that the tern Hacking refers to something more complex, Read the book I mentioned. Breaking passes for twitter accounts is not that complex as they don't require Complex, so that’s the second point for that things not being Hacking.
Also I don't say Pentesters are not Hackers, A Hacker would be a complete word to define them all and to be a Hacker you need all the skill but the question is "Do you have alll the skills?" and finally "Are you a Hacker?" That is why I've differentiated between the individuals.
Hacker is a Collective term
I agree. Hackers who really deserve respect are the ones who code their tools by theirselves. Though, (this is what I get from what you say, hopefully this is what you really meant) you're saying that hackers who don't code their tools by theirselves shouldn't be called so (<quote>use tools that others have made and this is not even close to hacking</quote>). The border line between this kind of hackers and skids is all though well defined.
An hacker unable to code which should not be called a script kiddie knows what he's doing, how he is doing it and what's behind what he's doing.
A skiddie looks at what the afore-mentioned hacker does and tries to imitate it at its best, without the knowledge the hacker has, resulting in free damage for others and himself.
Should a skiddie be anyhow called a hacker? I wouldn't say so, but if you go deep in the real definition of "hacker", you might have to say he is still a hacker. Being it the lowest form of hacking example shouldn't take from him the "hacker" title. Skids, don't however surely deserve to be called so.
So, a skid doesn't deserve any respect, a hacker deserves the title, a coder/hacker self-contained (codes his tools) deserves all my respect.
Don't ever forget that half of what you need to learn you take stealing. Somewhere you'll need to learn, from who already discovered something new; you might then be able to discover something new yourself, having some basis others gave you, and give basis for the developers of tomorrow.
My Bitcoin address: 1AtxVsSSG2Z8JfjNy9KNFDUN6haeKr7LiP
Give me money by visiting www.google.com here: http://coin-ads.com/6Ol83U
If you want a Bitcoin URL shortener/advertiser, please, use this referral: http://coin-ads.com/register.php?refid=noize
Give me money by visiting www.google.com here: http://coin-ads.com/6Ol83U
If you want a Bitcoin URL shortener/advertiser, please, use this referral: http://coin-ads.com/register.php?refid=noize

![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)