RE: Programming language FAQ and choosing guide 05-05-2013, 01:01 PM
#34
(05-05-2013, 12:44 PM)noize Wrote:(05-05-2013, 12:05 PM)Psycho_Coder Wrote:(05-05-2013, 11:37 AM)noize Wrote: Well, you're talking about C, C++ as low-level languages, I see.C++ is a high level Language. C is a middle level language , wanna know why ??
Quote:A low-level language deals more with direct hardware interaction, and thus is more suitable for programs like device drivers code that really needs access to the hardware. Since a low-level language is subject to all the nuances of the hardware it's accessing, however, a program written in a low-level language is generally difficult to port to other platforms. These languages are almost always compiled.
A high-level language focuses more on concepts that are easy to understand by the human mind, such as objects or mathematical functions. A high-level language usually is easier to understand than a low-level language, and it usually takes less time to develop a program in a high-level language than it does in a low-level language. As a trade-off one generally needs to sacrifice some degree of control over what the resulting program actually does. It is not, however, impossible to mix high- and low-level functionality in a language.
From: http://www.cplusplus.com/info/description/
C++ is powerful and provides access to low-level functions as well as to high-level ones (Wikipedia defines it an intermediate-level language for this reason https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B ), but many consider it a high-level programming language. It is infact not restricted by the machine components, it is portable and object-oriented. I would define it a high-level language.
So for C, but I may be wrong. If someone has valid arguments against mine, I'd like to hear them.
This is what I think.
Visit this link :- http://www.hackcommunity.com/Thread-Tuto...der-Part-1
I have explained there why C must be called a middle-level Langauge
That's exactly what I think.
The thing is, in the OP, @Deque spoke of C++ and C as both low-level languages.
Well yes then there has been a little confusion C++ is a High-level Language but C can be called as both Middle-Level or Low Level as many professional think C as middle-level while others thinks C as low-level language. They both are correct in their prospective.
But According to Wikipedia :-
Quote:C++ (pronounced "see plus plus") is a statically typed, free-form, multi-paradigm, compiled, general-purpose programming language. It is regarded as an intermediate-level language, as it comprises both high-level and low-level language features.
![[Image: OilyCostlyEwe.gif]](http://fat.gfycat.com/OilyCostlyEwe.gif)

![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)