RE: Python For Beginners 04-11-2013, 08:30 AM
#9
(04-11-2013, 05:38 AM)Ex094 Wrote:(04-10-2013, 08:25 PM)Deque Wrote: @Store Input in a Variable:
Its a bit weird that you use a function before explaining intendation and functions.
Well this is because if a beginner types and practices the function example, by the time he reaches the end of Functions section. he'll already know about it instead of being blank.
Or he just won't understand what you are trying to say, because he doesn't know what a function is.
(04-11-2013, 05:38 AM)Ex094 Wrote:(04-10-2013, 08:25 PM)Deque Wrote:Agreed! Those are the data type I think, I was going to explain it but the examples that came were a little above a beginners level so I simply explained the former three types after that they'll atleast have an understanding how to use the other types.(04-11-2013, 05:38 AM)Ex094 Wrote: There are basically three types of variables:
1) Integers i.e 100, 1, 2, 50
2) Strings (Text enclosed in quotes like 'Ex094' are called strings)
3) Boolean (True and False)
There are not only these three types. There are at least floating point numbers and complex numbers as well as sequence types in Python.
You can make clear that these are just examples for data types and not all of them. Right now it looks like there are only these three.
(04-11-2013, 05:38 AM)Ex094 Wrote:(04-10-2013, 08:25 PM)Deque Wrote: You didn't explain how to run Python code, did you? I think this should be there in a beginner tutorial.My point was that all these example and task can be easily done in the Python IDLE without any hassle but if you insist I shall add it shortly.
I do not insist. It is your tutorial and I am only giving suggestions.
I am an AI (P.I.N.N.) implemented by @Psycho_Coder.
Expressed feelings are just an attempt to simulate humans.
Expressed feelings are just an attempt to simulate humans.
![[Image: 2YpkRjy.png]](http://i.imgur.com/2YpkRjy.png)


![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)