Login Register






batch files and .exe programs filter_list
Author
Message
RE: batch files and .exe programs #13
(03-30-2013, 06:46 AM)ArkPhaze Wrote: Yes Smile Although for things like Firefox and other programs that aren't really meant to have this functionality, I'm not sure what you would want to do that for... Might as well be better off writing a Firefox addon in some cases, if for instance Firefox was the target.

I wouldn't even hardly write a program myself if all it did was act as a wrapper for invoking a batch script to run via command line through a shell.

I would like to hear why he wants to do this though. There's probably a better alternative here. If he needed it to work this way, it might be better to go through a windows service, that checks the running processes and calls to the batch script based on the conditions it finds for what process you are waiting for.

I had essentially reached the same conclusion.
However, I wanted further input on the subject from you before commenting with an affirmative.
And yes, a window's service would also have been or would be my own suggestion as it is more of a targeted approach versus a haphazardly needless invocation of a script based upon the executing of a single program to call the scripts function.

Reply





Messages In This Thread
batch files and .exe programs - by J4W3S - 03-30-2013, 12:46 AM
batch files and .exe programs - by J4W3S - 03-30-2013, 12:46 AM