Login Register




The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.


How To delete viruses. (Noob friendly) filter_list
Author
Message
RE: How To delete viruses. (Noob friendly) #4
(02-25-2013, 02:39 PM)Deque Wrote: This is a nice tutorial, thanks for sharing. It will probably only help for really weak malware or parts of malware.
If you really have virusses they may have infected files that you need (or your operating system needs) and disinfecting them is not as easy as deleting some files.

My computer is 7 years old it accumulated about 15 different malware/viruses that AVG,Malwarebytes and MSSE never identified for me.

It was pretty quick and simple to delete everything I found using the method above. about 80% of the time I found them in the program files folder. It was always blatantly obvious to the naked eye, because names of things you know you never wanted to download stick out like sore thumbs, plus sometimes you get folders titled like someone mashed the keys, or only numbers etc. It all sticks out as being unwanted material.


I stopped using AV active protection about 6 months ago. I'll do a scan from time to time, but its more thorough and quite easy to just have a backup that I know is virus free to restore to if anything goes wrong and just always have task manager open. So that I can see if anything is out of line.

Just google any process that I don't recognize, If it shouldn't be running I end process, find the folders it was operating out of and delete them.

I also browse through all my folders if there is any strange activity until I've found it and removed it. its always pretty obvious even when they are using the same names as legit system processes, because you know you shouldn't be seeing svchost.exe in a folder of a third party company for example with some dodgy logo that you have just started to notice appear in your browser without your consent.

Also I go to 'run' and enter 'msconfig' every so often, or if something is out of place. The virus/malware often sets itself up on startup which is easy to notice and just a tick box to disable. Then I know that unwanted process is not running after a reboot unless I click on it.

Its much less hassle than an AV for me because the AV freaks out and recognizes lots of my hacking tools as viruses. Last time I scanned took 21 hours, recognized over 900 files that I want as malicious programs, which their not to me, and didn't find the actual virus I was looking for.

Its like trying to find a tree in a forest for the AV, which its not really designed for.
[Image: cat-breading-funny-animated-signatures_2...253481.gif]

Champion Cat Breader!

Reply





Messages In This Thread