RE: Understand C/C++ like a pro (compilation of my explanations) 02-15-2013, 08:36 PM
#17
(11-28-2012, 10:04 PM)Frooxius Wrote:(11-28-2012, 07:52 PM)Coder-san Wrote: Great thread as always, but one question. I should program in C/C++ by "using what"? I prefer not to use Visual Studio.
That's covered in section "Some basic questions - what languages are, what do you need for C/C++ and others and more - introduction", but simply:
Essentially you need just a plaintext editor (choose any you like... even Notepad works, but you might try Sublime Text, PSPad, Notepad++ and such) and a compiler. You might use the Visual Studio compiler from the commandline (without using the IDE) or try MinGW, or anything else you can find.
You might also look at other IDE's to see if there's any that suits you better, like Qt Creator (part of Qt SDK), Netbeans, Eclipse or Code::Blocks for example and this is by no means a complete list.
I suggest codeblocks, look it up , it's a very neat and free!
I used it from the start and it gives a perfect environment for you to code in! Btw great job with the post Frooxius, it's HQ as always

![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)