RE: No one here interested in sharing code? 11-27-2012, 06:17 PM
#10
I share some of my code, although I've got feeling that most people here generally don't care about more complex things and don't even say anything. On the other hand, when someone posts some bogus snippet, that doesn't even work (well not the way he says it does) he gets a lot of replies.
So I'm asking myself - what's the point of sharing anything here, when most people don't appreciate it? When nobody here seems to even think about things that people post.
However, I also don't share some code and materials of stuff I'm developing, because it could be stolen. And I don't mean some leecher who posts it on his website, but some new technology that I don't have patented yet, or things that I don't intend for learning.
Open Source if fine for some things, but like with anything, forcing it on everything is not good. The question here is though - is the source necessary for learning? Or was the tool even intended for learning or just using? It's okay to ask politely, but not okay to force someone to release the source if he doesn't want to.
So I'm asking myself - what's the point of sharing anything here, when most people don't appreciate it? When nobody here seems to even think about things that people post.
However, I also don't share some code and materials of stuff I'm developing, because it could be stolen. And I don't mean some leecher who posts it on his website, but some new technology that I don't have patented yet, or things that I don't intend for learning.
Open Source if fine for some things, but like with anything, forcing it on everything is not good. The question here is though - is the source necessary for learning? Or was the tool even intended for learning or just using? It's okay to ask politely, but not okay to force someone to release the source if he doesn't want to.
I love creativity and creating, I love science and rational thought, I am an open atheist and avid self-learner.




![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)