Login Register






[VB.Net] [Source] TopLeft - Desktop utility filter_list
Author
Message
RE: [VB.Net] [Source] TopLeft - Desktop utility #4
(11-26-2012, 06:32 PM)Coder-san Wrote:
(11-26-2012, 01:19 PM)ArkPhaze Wrote: The RTM version is the latest one. And that came out in the start of August, available at first to MSDN subscribers. The first RTM one they had out is the only Retail one at this point in time, the others were all Previews. If you don't have the RTM one that came out in August, then you have one of the Previews, or you're misinformed.

Quote:NEW YORK — Oct. 25, 2012 — Microsoft Corp. today announced the global availability of its popular Windows operating system, Windows 8. Beginning Friday, Oct. 26, consumers and businesses worldwide will be able to experience all that Windows 8 has to offer [...]

Source: Windows 8 Arrives - microsoft.com (Oct 25, 2012)

(11-26-2012, 01:19 PM)ArkPhaze Wrote: I see this in there though:
Code:
CheckForIllegalCrossThreadCalls = False

[...]
You saw that but you missed this
Code:
'Dim t As New Threading.Thread(AddressOf PointerCapture) 't.Start()

I was in fact debugging with multi-threading. That's why that lazy Me.tag usage also.

I didn't miss it, I just wondered why you'd post debug code instead of a finalized thing.

And yes I know the official version was released in October to everyone in public, but that exact same version was released to MSDN subscribers as early as Aug. 15th. I downloaded it on Aug. 16th, 2012. I am an MSDN subscriber... There is only one RTM version currently (one official release of Windows 8 that is not an alpha/beta or one of the previews).

Re-read what I posted:
Quote:The RTM version is the latest one. And that came out in the start of August, available at first to MSDN subscribers.

The ISO i've compared as my early downloaded setup file from my MSDN subscriber downloads, and the official release that was available in public October 25th--The file hashes match. There is zero difference.

You should read this: http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/blogg...stone.aspx

It was available to my by August 15th, but I procrastinated to set it up until the day after.
ArkPhaze
"Object oriented way to get rich? Inheritance"
Getting Started: C/C++ | Common Mistakes
[ Assembly / C++ / .NET / Haskell / J Programmer ]

Reply





Messages In This Thread