RE: BitCrypt - Visually Encrypt Files Into BitMap Structures 08-17-2012, 12:21 AM
#3
(08-17-2012, 12:10 AM)Frooxius Wrote: Does it actually do any encryption of the data or do you simply transform each three bytes of the input data to a RGB pixel (in case of RGB888)? I mean, if I see such noise picture, it immediately strikes me that it's some binary data and if you don't do any actual encrypting, then it's very simple to get the original data, as it doesn't really tamper them anyhow, only transforms their form by wrapping them into a picture. What's the point of using pictures anyway, why not just write an actual encryption/decryption algorithm, this just a little bit of unnecessary bloat data.
Pictures make sense if you use them for steganography, which conceals the data. In fact, unless it does any real encryption, I would call this very weak steganography method. Normally you would take an existing, regular, suspicion-less picture and hide the data in the LSB of the pixels, so it wouldn't be apparent that there are any underlying data hidden. This however, is still not an encryption, it's steganography, it doesn't protect the data itself from reading, but rather hides their presence in certain way, so it's usually good to combine steganography with encryption.
Not yet, that was the plan eventually so i'm keeping it in the title as "Encryption" What will happen is encryption and compression after the fact. Then reversely decompression, and decryption, back to a filestream to be wrote for the original data retrieval.
Quote:What's the point of using pictures anyway, why not just write an actual encryption/decryption algorithm, this just a little bit of unnecessary bloat data.
You've never heard of being unique or doing something for fun?...
Quote:Pictures make sense if you use them for steganography, which conceals the data. In fact, unless it does any real encryption, I would call this very weak steganography method
That's good to know
Where did I throw around the word stenography? You think you can assume that was my intention?I could hide stuff behind regular image files, but that wasn't the point, I wanted to show some of the "encrypted" data through the form of pixels in a bitmap by the time I complete this project in full if I continue to improve on this and finish it to the end.
ArkPhaze
"Object oriented way to get rich? Inheritance"
Getting Started: C/C++ | Common Mistakes
[ Assembly / C++ / .NET / Haskell / J Programmer ]
"Object oriented way to get rich? Inheritance"
Getting Started: C/C++ | Common Mistakes
[ Assembly / C++ / .NET / Haskell / J Programmer ]


![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)