RE: [Tutorial Request] Assembly Programming 09-18-2012, 01:55 PM
#5
(09-17-2012, 03:13 PM)Frooxius Wrote: I highly recommend reading my article as an introduction:can you please give a quick guide on these instruction ROL,RCL,ROR and RCR..i know what these instructions do but i want to know why these instructions are used? like SHL and SHR are used to do multiplication and division respectively.
http://www.hackcommunity.com/Thread-How-...or-dummies
What you need to understand though, is that assembly is not a specific language. It's a language for specific processor architecture. There are many similarities (unless it's one of the experimental architectures I invented), but it's still better to say what architecture do you want tutorials for?
I might write some tutorials to get you started though, perhaps using some kind of "generic assembly" so you can, with a slight use of your brain, apply to any architecture you want (except the ones I invented! x3 ).
Also if you have specific questions, feel free to ask in the forums, don't use PM's for that. If you ask in the forums and get an answer there, others can learn from it too, but if it's kept in PM's, they can't.
![[Image: fow57.jpg]](http://i.imgur.com/fow57.jpg)

), but it's still better to say what architecture do you want tutorials for? ![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)