Login Register






Tutorial The Ultimate Android Tutorial filter_list
Author
Message
RE: The Ultimate Android Tutorial #13
(09-15-2012, 02:10 PM)Predator Wrote: Is there any chance of "bricking" your phone when installing new roms etc? I've been tempted to root my HTC Thunderbolt but I have just been wary. Lol

I've never heard of anyone bricking their phones when rooting. I own a rooted Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket (SGH-I727) running a custom ROM. (Cyanogen Mod 9). I half bricked it twice now. The first was due to the fact I installed the wrong version of Clockwork Recovery, and the second time mine just flipped shit one day. I manged to restore the phone both times. If you are worried about rooting, this method looks pretty simple: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1005292

(10-01-2012, 01:12 PM)BaneKitty Wrote: Thanks for this info bro, I never knew the advantages of rooting a droid.

Does rooting void some sort of warrenty, like iOS?

Thanks!

Yes, it does. However, I wouldn't worry too much, as long as you are careful. Mine was under warranty when I rooted it, and I haven't run into anything I couldn't handle. Second, you really should root, it really opens up your phone for lots of cool stuff.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2012, 11:07 PM by Skullmeat.)

Reply





Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ultimate Android Tutorial - by BreakR - 09-06-2012, 09:27 PM
RE: The Ultimate Android Tutorial - by Predator - 09-15-2012, 02:10 PM
RE: The Ultimate Android Tutorial - by Skullmeat - 10-02-2012, 10:57 PM
RE: The Ultimate Android Tutorial - by Predator - 09-15-2012, 03:39 PM
RE: The Ultimate Android Tutorial - by Ghost Face - 10-01-2012, 07:02 AM
RE: The Ultimate Android Tutorial - by Edward - 10-08-2012, 04:36 AM
RE: The Ultimate Android Tutorial - by shizelkid - 10-21-2012, 06:08 AM
RE: The Ultimate Android Tutorial - by Shekhar - 11-08-2012, 04:45 PM
RE: The Ultimate Android Tutorial - by Anonymous - 12-06-2012, 03:38 PM
RE: The Ultimate Android Tutorial - by RuckaRucka - 03-25-2013, 05:56 AM