Login Register






Interview With Hc New owner 1llusion filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Interview With Hc New owner 1llusion #11
1llusion: That might be true if the text is lost in a bunch of other irrelevant text, but if you gonna open a topic called "Interview with blablabla", then I guess you opened it so you read the... well... the actual interview. In other words, it's already center of your attention and longer text is better aligned to left, so eyes can follow simple vertical line as beginning of each line, instead of scanning all over the place.

It's similar with font that has serif and that doesn't (sans-serif), with the former being often used in printed publications, because the serif allows easier reading on a paper as it forms sort of a horizontal line, that helps to aid the eye when reading. You can always read sans-serif font, even on paper media, but for longer texts, it's less comfortable.

Simply put, centering larger amount of text is wrong in typography and no professional editor would it do like that (though it's not a big deal if you do, everyone makes mistakes, it's important of you learn from them). I strongly suggest for peggy or anyone how's interested in writing like this, to learn at least some basics of typography to make his creations look more professional, aesthetic and typographically correct (and easier to read for most people)
I love creativity and creating, I love science and rational thought, I am an open atheist and avid self-learner.

Reply





Messages In This Thread