RE: So you think vampires are real? 04-24-2013, 12:59 AM
#18
Define a vampire? Something that has white skin and bites or the fully fledged "thing" you see in the movies? Because there are people out there that drink blood, and the idea of vampires that has evolved over time perhaps originated from a disease.
The fact that it has been consistent over many cultures though seems like a fairly big coincidence, however, just like the ideas of aliens and UFO's, I think it is what originally gave birth to the idea of Christianity. "Let there be light", it's plausible that this was simply just making sense of lights on a flying space craft that people couldn't comprehend back in those days.
As with all legends though and stories past throughout time, I think it gets twisted and changed for numerous reasons.
The fact that it has been consistent over many cultures though seems like a fairly big coincidence, however, just like the ideas of aliens and UFO's, I think it is what originally gave birth to the idea of Christianity. "Let there be light", it's plausible that this was simply just making sense of lights on a flying space craft that people couldn't comprehend back in those days.
As with all legends though and stories past throughout time, I think it gets twisted and changed for numerous reasons.
-- cxS
[ Haskell/.NET/C/C++ - Software Engineer ]


![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)