RE: Encrypting an .exe file 09-03-2011, 12:51 AM
#7
Erm... we're talking about the program you want to make - executable file encrypter - take the executable file, encrypt the machine code as well as stored data (or some kind of bytecode?) using some encryption algorithm and inject a decrypter code, which will take care of extracting the stuff before executing.
Doesn't really protect the program code from being analyzed by skilled people, but still increases the security a bit, especially if you provide the generic solution I mentioned.

On more serious note, yes, they often try to emulate the code, however they're not all powerful and can't run every part of the code in every possible scenario with every possible input, so if you use this to conveniently hide the code you don't want them to see, then you might succeed for a while. Unless they get better of course. It's constant battle.
I have no idea why you want to erm "change just some strings". It's especially weird if you do it with functions that are part of Windows libraries (are you going to replace them or what? O.o), I think that any modification of these parts of system would raise a few digital eyebrows. x3
Well now I actually have no idea of what your mental image of ".exe encrypter", so maybe you should enlighten me about your goals with this (I actually got feeling that your response is quite irrelevant to the initial topic, since we (well you) started the topic of irrelevantness. Such funny word. Irrelevantness).
Doesn't really protect the program code from being analyzed by skilled people, but still increases the security a bit, especially if you provide the generic solution I mentioned.
smoothy023 Wrote:AV's dismantle and debug everything in an outcoming..Really? Which ones? O.O I would TOTALLY love if AV found and fixed all bugs in my and everyone's software. Maybe they're getting so paranoid, that they consider all bugs as potential threat?

On more serious note, yes, they often try to emulate the code, however they're not all powerful and can't run every part of the code in every possible scenario with every possible input, so if you use this to conveniently hide the code you don't want them to see, then you might succeed for a while. Unless they get better of course. It's constant battle.
I have no idea why you want to erm "change just some strings". It's especially weird if you do it with functions that are part of Windows libraries (are you going to replace them or what? O.o), I think that any modification of these parts of system would raise a few digital eyebrows. x3
Well now I actually have no idea of what your mental image of ".exe encrypter", so maybe you should enlighten me about your goals with this (I actually got feeling that your response is quite irrelevant to the initial topic, since we (well you) started the topic of irrelevantness. Such funny word. Irrelevantness).
I love creativity and creating, I love science and rational thought, I am an open atheist and avid self-learner.




![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)