Login Register






What other OSs? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: What other OSs? #10
(04-11-2013, 05:40 AM)w00t Wrote: I doubt that you have ever actually interfaced with Linux if you didn't know it started in the 90s. The four major kernels, which is what Linux is, are Unix, Linux(derived from unix), darwin(base behind macOS/iOS), and the Windows kernel. There are others, some proprietary and some public, but I wouldn't recommend using any ol' kernel for your computer for security reasons.

I'm a bit new to Linux. I have used it before though.

(04-11-2013, 05:59 AM)Three Wrote: Google recently made a OS called Chrome OS. I feel like it would be shitty.

I have the same feeling, I have yet to try it though.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2013, 02:34 AM by Vivacity.)

Reply





Messages In This Thread
What other OSs? - by Vivacity - 04-11-2013, 03:08 AM
RE: What other OSs? - by ねこまっしぐら - 04-11-2013, 03:17 AM
RE: What other OSs? - by Vivacity - 04-11-2013, 03:30 AM
RE: What other OSs? - by i0xIllusi0n - 04-11-2013, 03:40 AM
RE: What other OSs? - by Vivacity - 04-11-2013, 03:42 AM
RE: What other OSs? - by w00t - 04-11-2013, 05:40 AM
RE: What other OSs? - by Vivacity - 04-12-2013, 02:33 AM
RE: What other OSs? - by Nefarious - 04-11-2013, 05:59 AM
RE: What other OSs? - by TechSaavy - 04-11-2013, 06:20 AM
RE: What other OSs? - by §herlock - 05-17-2013, 08:36 AM
RE: What other OSs? - by Customer - 05-17-2013, 09:17 AM
RE: What other OSs? - by Complibur - 04-11-2013, 06:49 AM
RE: What other OSs? - by i0xIllusi0n - 04-12-2013, 03:38 AM
RE: What other OSs? - by Vivacity - 04-12-2013, 03:41 AM
Re: What other OSs? - by Oni - 04-16-2013, 12:53 PM
RE: What other OSs? - by adriancs35 - 04-17-2013, 12:09 AM
RE: What other OSs? - by i0xIllusi0n - 04-17-2013, 12:30 AM