Login Register






How are operating systems made? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: How are operating systems made? #6
Well there's a huge difference between making a Linux Distribution and your own OS from the scratch.

If you make a Linux distribution, you just put together many parts made by other people, you have kernel, userspace software, drivers and all that is already created, so it doesn't take that much effort to combine it together in a way you want, but it's not really your OS.

However, if you wanted to really make your own OS, you would have to create these parts together, starting from kernel, some simple bootloader and then add more code to it, that would add functionality and allow it to interact with the user, basically like I described in my post above.
I love creativity and creating, I love science and rational thought, I am an open atheist and avid self-learner.






Messages In This Thread
How are operating systems made? - by Solixious - 08-25-2011, 06:38 PM