RE: Where Should We Go Now? 03-20-2013, 01:08 PM
#20
(03-18-2013, 12:10 PM)Evangelist Wrote: Right now in my opinion. We need activity. Why not hold a recruitment or referral contest? Winner gets a rank or something. Maybe AP.
More custom user groups. Not everyone is a hacker.
More forum wide activities such as Help desks or something similar.
More ranks to be purchased. Instead of Elite and Super Elite add a rank in between.
Without a doubt, more users and activity would be nice. I've been trying to work on our SEO a bit more, but as you know I have been pretty busy the past week or so. Improving SEO and advertising is something I am always working on, although I haven't done much the past month. While hacking is one of our main focuses, I agree there should be groups for people that are interested in other stuff. I am sure there will be more groups in the future. Syndicate is a good example, as it isn't limited only to people interested in hacking. Things like help-desks will come with more activity and new users. As for ranks, if I were to add a tier-3 upgrade rank I would have to demote Super Elite users to tier-2 to make things fair. It is certainly a possibility.
(03-18-2013, 02:10 PM)Slacker Wrote: I loved the cometchat why did you remove it??
We can get a shit ton of new members by taking down our competitions sites (like I have seen a few times all ready) just keep up the good work Anarchist!
On our previous host, Cometchat was fairly fast and excellent for the site. After we switched hosts, it started to slow the site down a bit more and wasn't worth it. Additionally, INST1NCT and I had discovered low-risk vulnerabilities in a few of the modules, so we decided it was time to get rid of it (even though I patched them). It is likely we will add a shoutbox or something less resource-hungry in the future. As for taking down competing sites, I will have nothing to do with it. While it certainly helps our activity when a competitor goes down, it also provokes unnecessary hostility. The only time I will encourage people to attack competitors is when there are hostile relations that can't be fixed otherwise (like in the case of L33thacking).
(03-20-2013, 04:07 AM)Dyme Wrote:(03-18-2013, 09:30 PM)The End Wrote: what makes this forum so HQ is the fact that its not overloaded with skids....
Have you've been inside the Hacking sections?
"RANDOM SITE DB [I USED HAVIJ BUT CAN'T CRACK HASH!]"
"I DEFACED A RANDOM SITE WITH GOOGLE DORKS!"
"RATE MY DEFACE [I HECKED PASTEHTML]"
@OP look at a forum such as Z+. They're so HQ because their staff is incredibly knowledgeable about hacking and they are always helping their members learn more. I think if you want this to be a more HQ hacking forum, you need a team of knowledgeable people to constantly be releasing new content and be helping members grow as hackers.
The quality of users on Anarchy Forums does actually rival many others, especially some of the more well-known sites. Personally, I know from experience that you like to "cry wolf" a lot when it comes to Havij and dorks. While there are definitely people using Google dorks and Havij, it happens less than you seem to think. I'd also like to mention that there is nothing wrong with using a dork (if you know what you're doing) or a deface page (if you actually made it). If you find a vulnerability on one site, it only makes sense that you would look for it on others. Software like Havij is debatable of course, since many people are using it without basic knowledge. I do agree, however, that more tutorials would certainly be beneficial to people that are learning the basics.












![[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/7ajmN5P.jpg)
![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)