Login Register






Would this work? (Methodology) filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Would this work? (Methodology) #8
(12-05-2010, 08:04 AM)Th3Proph3t Wrote: I want to make a spreading tool for free so that all of these $200 tools will die in fire. But me being a HTML/CSS programmer only right now, I don't know jack shit about coding in objective (other than my past 2 week fuck arounds with C++ and Java), so how could I go about doing this? I know a lot of .bat commands and have friends who could add more to the list that I could convert using a converter into (insert language here) I guess? Like ShockLabs .bat to .exe converter that I have. When it converts it to an .exe, what is it doing exactly? Is it transcribing the .bat code into, say for instance, vb.net? Or is it doing something completely different? Then if, say it does convert into vb.net, can I decompile the source of the program and modify to add other features that I can't make in .bat to develop it more into a bot? I am really, really, really new to this obviously.

If what you want is going to be distributed to others you have to consider permissions on their machines along with (if you end up using VB.NET) making sure the proper Framework is installed. A little deeper into permissions, if say the user sets the proper authority for their local drive and not a remote drive (removable or network drive) then the solution you gave them will not be permitted to execute, that is under the standard Framework permission set. The standard method for changing Framework trust (similar to Microsoft Office Trust Center) in a developer machine is via a snap in (mscorcfg.msc) service provided when Visual Studio 2005 is installed but guess what, not with VS2008, not sure about VS2010 simply because when I installed VS2010 the snap in was there already. Any ways to set trust levels for a non-developer computer they must execute a command (generally in a batch file) under an admin account. This is why writing your project in something like C++ is a better bet but provides no absolute guarantees that Vista or Windows 7 will permit it to run. Any ways food for thought.

Example command to set a Framework trust location
Code:
call %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\caspol -m -addgroup All_Code -url file://SomeFolder/* FullTrust -name "App name" -description "My description…"
Conflict is inevitable, but combat is optional
My humble self-defense site
Use Option Strict = On when coding with VB.NET

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Would this work? (Methodology) - by Th3Proph3t - 12-05-2010, 08:04 AM