RE: Blackout 11-15-2014, 03:40 AM
#65
@Oni screwed up by not having backups. It sucks, but it is what it is. He wasn't expecting LE to seize the server. Granted, that's the entire point of backups, but I've lost my own data due to failure to backup. We all learn that lesson at one time or another, and it sucks, and it's brutal, and we become better admins from it, or we are doomed to repeat the same mistake.
Most of the regulars of SL will continue to participate, and hope that we some day get all our data back. Sadly, we likely either A)won't, B)Won't for a long, long time. I hope I'm wrong but I know how things go with Feds/LE. In the end, the core community here is strong and we'll rebuild and carry on. We can all learn a very valid and hard hitting lesson from this experience, and grow from it.
As they say, "Shit happens".
Let the rebuilding continue...
Most of the regulars of SL will continue to participate, and hope that we some day get all our data back. Sadly, we likely either A)won't, B)Won't for a long, long time. I hope I'm wrong but I know how things go with Feds/LE. In the end, the core community here is strong and we'll rebuild and carry on. We can all learn a very valid and hard hitting lesson from this experience, and grow from it.
As they say, "Shit happens".
Let the rebuilding continue...
---
Click here to get started with Linux!
If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...
Click here to get started with Linux!
If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...
Inori Wrote: got clickbaited by roger











![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)