Re: RE: Blackout 11-14-2014, 09:53 AM
#53
(11-13-2014, 09:48 AM)sprremix Wrote: "I attempted contacting Ecatel directly, asking when we'd receive our data back, as talking to LibertyVPS proved pointless:Maybe it's the language barrier. I didn't notice the lack of professionalism so much as the lack of proper grammar. But, now that I noticed it, it is quite funny. All quotes are 100% legitimate.
"That will take a long time probably Sad"
"Long time being how long? The VPS is crucial to my business. I will pay anything for the contents of it."
"i have no answer for you, we are not the police."
"Have they not given you some form of timeframe? Would $100-200 be able to get us it sooner?"
"sir, police doesnt care. they dont care about us or you. they are the law. they think fuck them. i asked the tech guy he said maybe monday, now i cannot even reach them. it can take 2 days but it can also take a year. they are legal criminals. they NEVER EVER should take this data, we are working with a lawyer to see what we can do against it but takes time."
"This coming Monday?"
"no the monday which was beginning of this week Sad"
"Could I receive the contact information for the police that seized it? I may have my legal representative contact them."
"you can contact the dutch police and ask to redirect to [snip]. then you have the right unit. thanks.""
What a load of crap. No way in heaven a service agent is using language like that against one of their clients.
(11-14-2014, 08:41 AM)dotcppfile Wrote: These backups though, once every month mate, that's the way to do it lol. Also, you can't get anything back if the servers got seized until few months pass so stop the shit for the love of god lol. If this community lost something then that is because of you, your gay host and your fucked up backups, now deal with it mate and stop making up excuses.
Prior to the VPS, I kept daily backups. When I get the data back, I will have daily on-site and off-site backups. I am considering legitimately involving lawyers, but it can be quite pricy. There isn't any excuse for what happened, although the majority isn't my fault.
(11-14-2014, 07:56 AM)Poochy Wrote: Wow, didn't you know that forum owners have to be clairvoyant?
Sadly, it appears that is expected of me.












![[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/7ajmN5P.jpg)
![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)