RE: VirtualBox vs VMWare 09-06-2014, 10:57 AM
#23
(09-06-2014, 10:20 AM)QuasiSocial Wrote: That was fixed back in 2007 with a simple addition to your machines .vmx
I have used VMware for years without problems and find the workstation stable enough to run machines for months at a time without having to reboot for anything other than updates to the host they reside on.
I am not opposed to VirtualBox and have recommended it to others when they don't want to pay for VMware but I didn't find it as fluid, though I am used to VMware so I may be a little partial.
Though you can disable the host-guest communication/"backdoor" port, most people won't and it can become a serious problem for them.
Anyway, I do understand that it's not an issue for someone who knows what they're doing. Nothing is.
PGP
Sign: F202 79C9 76F7 40BB 54EC 494F 5DEF 1D70 14C1 C4CC
Encrypt: A5B3 1B21 55E1 80AF 4C6E DE83 467B 8EFC 3DEE 681C
Auth: CD55 E8A5 1A08 2933 8BA6 BC88 D81F 1943 739A 3C47
Sign: F202 79C9 76F7 40BB 54EC 494F 5DEF 1D70 14C1 C4CC
Encrypt: A5B3 1B21 55E1 80AF 4C6E DE83 467B 8EFC 3DEE 681C
Auth: CD55 E8A5 1A08 2933 8BA6 BC88 D81F 1943 739A 3C47















![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)