Login Register






Beginning Linux Training Series? Gauging interest... filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Beginning Linux Training Series? Gauging interest... #14
(08-05-2014, 03:35 AM)Oni Wrote: Looking forward to it. Why Mint?

I'm still kinda playing with what the distro will be. I am thinking Mint because:

1) It actually loaded in VirtualBox (I miss KVM)
2) I think I will be catering some of this to the linux virgin, so Mint is nice and pointy-clicky to get someone started coming over from a Windows world. My thought is to rapidly accustom a brand new user to Linux, then integrate some more advanced, real, sys-admining skills. I'd like the content to be useful enough that an individual could eventually land an entry level linux admin job.

Alllll that being said, I'm still not 100% sold on Mint just yet.
---
Click here to get started with Linux!

If I helped you, please +rep me, apparently we've started over on Rep and I'd like to break 100 again...

Inori Wrote: got clickbaited by roger

Reply





Messages In This Thread
TEASER - by roger_smith - 08-05-2014, 03:06 AM
RE: Beginning Linux Training Series? Gauging interest... - by roger_smith - 08-05-2014, 03:40 AM