Login Register






What book/literature are you reading right now? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: What book/literature are you reading right now? #7
(05-31-2014, 07:54 PM)MiS Wrote: @Saikou I need the name of this book. For science history.

@Uzinero Sounds pretty interesting from the title alone. What genre is it, and what is it about?

I guess it would fit best into Action&Adventure. It's about a young adult in the UK doing his A Levels (So around 17-18 years old) who isn't sure what to do with his life, and lives in a terrible apartment with his Sister, Mother (who works multiple jobs so they can keep their awful apartment), and his alcoholic Father. One day he sees someone who he recognizes from the school year above him do a BASE Jump (skydiving from on top of a platform, such as a building or radio tower, in this case the block of flats he lives in.) The person then tells him to check out his Myspace page, which he does, and finds multiple videos of him skydiving. He sees about this place on there called "FreeFall", a big skydiving center in his city which is currently hiring. He gets the job and soon finds himself doing a tandem skydive with the ex-army owner, who is trying to create the ultimate expert skydiving team. The owner and team sees potential in him, and he soon finds himself doing his own skydives and with a chance of getting a place in the team, but all is not as it appears. I can't really say much more than that or I'll give away the whole story, but it's a really good book and is incredibly well written.
Proud Member of the BPSG.
[Image: 5qK1iJK.png]

I couldn't bring myself to remove the hood classic above, enjoy it as a time capsule.

Reply





Messages In This Thread
RE: What book/literature are you reading right now? - by Uzinero - 05-31-2014, 08:12 PM