Login Register






What Should I Get? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: What Should I Get? #21
(05-15-2014, 12:39 AM)IcanFLY Wrote: Then you clearly never tried to run a server. However I didn't say arch was unusable, but compared to Debian it is not as stable or as reliable. I would never use Arch unless I wanted bleeding edge features. For a casual use or server use, you want features that you know will work.

(05-15-2014, 12:39 AM)IcanFLY Wrote: However I didn't say arch was unusable

(05-15-2014, 12:13 AM)IcanFLY Wrote: It's nice, if you want an unstable system.

Lol?

(05-15-2014, 12:39 AM)IcanFLY Wrote: Then you clearly never tried to run a server.

Because for some reason arch in incapable of running services without having stability issues? Can you provide some examples?

(05-15-2014, 12:39 AM)IcanFLY Wrote: For a casual use or server use, you want features that you know will work.

Once again, why doesn't arch work? What types of errors/problems have you encountered that lead you to believe that arch is an unstable system? Just the fact that it uses the most up-to-date software? Until you answer these questions, you're kind of just repeating yourself without providing any examples or evidence to support your claims.

Also, I would stop using the word "casual" as I'm not sure you know what it means. Just in case:
[Image: XtmCKaF.png]
If your talking about using a system that unstable, the best way to use it would be for casual use, as it's generally unimportant compared to the other ways the distribution could be used (I.E. a business server).

Reply





Messages In This Thread
What Should I Get? - by Equinox - 05-12-2014, 03:04 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by w00t - 05-12-2014, 03:15 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by tortilla - 05-12-2014, 10:22 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by cr33pyguy - 05-12-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by Equinox - 05-13-2014, 02:56 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by LeoTheLone - 05-13-2014, 08:56 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by BreShiE - 05-13-2014, 12:56 PM
RE: What Should I Get? - by Equinox - 05-13-2014, 01:16 PM
RE: What Should I Get? - by BreShiE - 05-13-2014, 02:04 PM
RE: What Should I Get? - by w00t - 05-13-2014, 03:12 PM
RE: What Should I Get? - by Eclipse - 05-13-2014, 03:44 PM
RE: What Should I Get? - by Equinox - 05-14-2014, 12:27 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by LeoTheLone - 05-14-2014, 11:10 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by Equinox - 05-14-2014, 12:13 PM
RE: What Should I Get? - by LeoTheLone - 05-14-2014, 12:46 PM
RE: What Should I Get? - by Dyme - 05-14-2014, 12:45 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by Satan - 05-14-2014, 12:41 PM
RE: What Should I Get? - by IcanFLY - 05-15-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by Dyme - 05-15-2014, 12:26 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by IcanFLY - 05-15-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by Dyme - 05-15-2014, 12:51 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by IcanFLY - 05-15-2014, 03:21 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by Oni - 05-15-2014, 03:52 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by Dyme - 05-15-2014, 04:12 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by IcanFLY - 05-15-2014, 05:54 AM
RE: What Should I Get? - by Oni - 05-15-2014, 07:31 AM