RE: New PCIe LCI 2TB SSD :O 03-31-2014, 03:40 PM
#15
2TB SSD, that's crazy. I bet the price is as well, I think most people would just get 4 x 1TB SSDs (Non-PCIe) and just use RAID 10.
I doubt we'll be seeing PB drives, I personally don't think we'll see them in our lifetimes although no one knows. AFAIK, 6TB drives are only just on the horizon and they use Helium which isn't cheap nor is there lots of it. Not to mention, PB would require a ton of platters meaning the HDD would be like a foot tall (lol).
Server manufacturers/providers will always have multiple drives, then just utilize RAID for reliable and more performance.
I doubt we'll be seeing PB drives, I personally don't think we'll see them in our lifetimes although no one knows. AFAIK, 6TB drives are only just on the horizon and they use Helium which isn't cheap nor is there lots of it. Not to mention, PB would require a ton of platters meaning the HDD would be like a foot tall (lol).
Server manufacturers/providers will always have multiple drives, then just utilize RAID for reliable and more performance.


![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)