Login Register






Motivation filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Motivation #21
My motivation comes mostly from my want to be the best person I can be, especially in my work, hobbies, and general interests. Code and writing fiction are both very important to me. They are the reason I get out of bed early in the morning, just so I can work and get better.

Besides that, I code to secure my future, to ensure that I get a chance to go to the places I want to go in life. Because I don't want to be stuck in a code monkey 9-5er. I want to be on the bleeding edge of software development. To get there from where I'm at now, I have to keep my motivation up.

I should mention, though, that no matter your motivation, if you lack self-discipline it's all useless. Because in the end it's only yourself that can shut down any games and close out of facebook/SL/reddit/4chan/whatever and get down to work even if you do have a great reason to be working.

Reply





Messages In This Thread
Motivation - by cr33pyguy - 01-29-2014, 09:28 AM
RE: Motivation - by Satan - 01-29-2014, 09:34 AM
RE: Motivation - by cr33pyguy - 01-29-2014, 09:46 AM
RE: Motivation - by OversouL - 01-29-2014, 12:02 PM
RE: Motivation - by cr33pyguy - 01-29-2014, 12:27 PM
RE: Motivation - by OversouL - 01-29-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: Motivation - by cr33pyguy - 01-29-2014, 12:46 PM
RE: Motivation - by Eclipse - 01-29-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: Motivation - by Customer - 01-29-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: Motivation - by cr33pyguy - 01-29-2014, 01:56 PM
RE: Motivation - by Customer - 01-29-2014, 02:16 PM
RE: Motivation - by Equinox - 01-29-2014, 02:22 PM
RE: Motivation - by Customer - 01-29-2014, 02:22 PM
RE: Motivation - by Equinox - 01-29-2014, 02:24 PM
RE: Motivation - by Customer - 01-29-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: Motivation - by Equinox - 01-29-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: Motivation - by Customer - 01-29-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: Motivation - by cr33pyguy - 01-29-2014, 02:37 PM
RE: Motivation - by Equinox - 01-29-2014, 02:48 PM
RE: Motivation - by cr33pyguy - 01-29-2014, 02:52 PM
RE: Motivation - by Llebacc - 01-29-2014, 05:45 PM
RE: Motivation - by Customer - 01-29-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: Motivation - by w00t - 01-29-2014, 07:40 PM
RE: Motivation - by Jolly - 01-29-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: Motivation - by sparechange - 01-30-2014, 12:18 AM
RE: Motivation - by DarkMuse - 01-30-2014, 12:32 AM
RE: Motivation - by Customer - 01-30-2014, 04:04 AM
RE: Motivation - by cr33pyguy - 01-30-2014, 08:59 AM
RE: Motivation - by Jolly - 01-30-2014, 10:49 AM
RE: Motivation - by cr33pyguy - 01-30-2014, 10:56 AM
Re: RE: Motivation - by DarkMuse - 01-30-2014, 04:09 AM
RE: Motivation - by Customer - 01-30-2014, 10:14 AM
RE: Motivation - by w00t - 01-31-2014, 05:28 AM
RE: Motivation - by TUNER M0n5t3r - 01-31-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: Motivation - by LeoTheLone - 01-31-2014, 03:49 PM
Re: RE: Motivation - by DarkMuse - 01-31-2014, 04:35 PM
RE: Motivation - by Eclipse - 01-31-2014, 04:43 PM
Re: RE: Motivation - by DarkMuse - 01-31-2014, 05:27 PM
RE: Motivation - by Jolly - 01-31-2014, 05:46 PM
RE: Motivation - by w00t - 01-31-2014, 07:12 PM
RE: Motivation - by Jolly - 01-31-2014, 09:31 PM
RE: Motivation - by Satan - 01-31-2014, 10:09 PM