RE: My Suggestions 09-15-2012, 03:56 AM
#2
You made the effort of posting, I'll make the equivalent effort of responding.
1. I agree, I value proper grammar. However, the buttons are fine as they are - except I do have a few personal issues against the "Thread Options" and "Moderator Options" drop-downs on threads. I don't think you can see them both. The lowercase letters are a part of the styling and would take too much time to modify - plus I like them the way they are.
2. You're not the first to complain about it. On most forums it doesn't stick out as much. I'll talk to others and we'll definitely come up with a fix for this. I'm glad you mentioned this though. I'll see if I can trim it by a few pixels.
3. I have no intentions of adding anymore sections, except for the coding and design sections that I promised people. After that, there will be no new sections, unless we allow forum groups. Forum groups won't be added any time soon though.
4. Not willing to pay that much? Good. Ironically, I have priced it high in order to prevent people from buying status. We've had people that have spent hours on the forum and made hundreds of posts to get Elite, why the hell would I give it to you for a low price? That'd be an insult to people who earned it.
I don't want you to buy Elite, really. Ask anybody on the forum - they know I'm not in this for the money. Any donations that are made, go to the site. If you want to be lazy and pay me $25 bucks for Elite - sure. All money gained through donations goes to the site. We can improve things and get people who aren't too lazy to post with $25.
5. It's a fairly good idea and certainly more professional. Initially we should have done this.
6. I don't use "Hack Forums" - sorry. They might have some stuff in common, but we are by no means copying them. If someone is making suggestions that would affiliate us with Hack Forums, please let me know. That site is the epitome of low-quality posting and 13 year old boys. Don't associate our site with them, ever.
7. Do you see any staff? Clearly I plan to have a small staff team. I will be selecting 1-2 mods tomorrow. After that, I will only choose one more, and promote one of the sectional moderators to global moderator. We won't be overstaffed.
8. We're going to establish firmer rules for posting media. Clearly we don't want anything hosted on our site, as it could pose legal issues, and takes up disk space.
9. Yeah. That's being fixed now.
I thank you for your suggestions. I will be leaving this thread open for others to comment a little bit.
1. I agree, I value proper grammar. However, the buttons are fine as they are - except I do have a few personal issues against the "Thread Options" and "Moderator Options" drop-downs on threads. I don't think you can see them both. The lowercase letters are a part of the styling and would take too much time to modify - plus I like them the way they are.
2. You're not the first to complain about it. On most forums it doesn't stick out as much. I'll talk to others and we'll definitely come up with a fix for this. I'm glad you mentioned this though. I'll see if I can trim it by a few pixels.

3. I have no intentions of adding anymore sections, except for the coding and design sections that I promised people. After that, there will be no new sections, unless we allow forum groups. Forum groups won't be added any time soon though.
4. Not willing to pay that much? Good. Ironically, I have priced it high in order to prevent people from buying status. We've had people that have spent hours on the forum and made hundreds of posts to get Elite, why the hell would I give it to you for a low price? That'd be an insult to people who earned it.
I don't want you to buy Elite, really. Ask anybody on the forum - they know I'm not in this for the money. Any donations that are made, go to the site. If you want to be lazy and pay me $25 bucks for Elite - sure. All money gained through donations goes to the site. We can improve things and get people who aren't too lazy to post with $25.
5. It's a fairly good idea and certainly more professional. Initially we should have done this.
6. I don't use "Hack Forums" - sorry. They might have some stuff in common, but we are by no means copying them. If someone is making suggestions that would affiliate us with Hack Forums, please let me know. That site is the epitome of low-quality posting and 13 year old boys. Don't associate our site with them, ever.
7. Do you see any staff? Clearly I plan to have a small staff team. I will be selecting 1-2 mods tomorrow. After that, I will only choose one more, and promote one of the sectional moderators to global moderator. We won't be overstaffed.
8. We're going to establish firmer rules for posting media. Clearly we don't want anything hosted on our site, as it could pose legal issues, and takes up disk space.
9. Yeah. That's being fixed now.
I thank you for your suggestions. I will be leaving this thread open for others to comment a little bit.











![[Image: 7ajmN5P.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/7ajmN5P.jpg)
![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)