RE: Do you hate when this happens? 01-05-2014, 07:34 PM
#12
(01-05-2014, 02:06 PM)OfficerMods Wrote: Generally subbed is the way to go, most VA for dubs are done by the producers themselves or the friends of those producers (looks at ADV vhs tapes for examples of this) Besides, the script is written in Japanese, the Japanese writers had the Japanese words in mind to be spoken by Japanese seiyuu, so unless its shinchan or lupin which both rewrote the script entirely (in my opinion for the better), alot of that intention gets lost in translation. Besides unless you are watching Space Dandy, if you are keeping up with recently released anime, subs are to be expected.
That was very in depth. But also very true. I get annoyed sometimes when I watch subs from one upload of the show and go to watch it from another uploader, the translation differs. I don't mind about small things, but a lot of the time it's a big meaning difference! Although, that's what happens with translation so I guess I should just be lucky I can get subs. Or we should all learn Japanese.
![[Image: 4GNsK67.png]](http://i.imgur.com/4GNsK67.png)























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)