Login Register






Leaving home, gathering funds, earning an income. How did you do it? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Leaving home, gathering funds, earning an income. How did you do it? #22
I'm currently in my first year post-high school. At the moment, I'm not fussed about moving out but earning a living is important. For months, my parents were bugging me to get a job. I tried a lot of places and didn't get any interest from anyone.

Few months of persistence later, I now have a stable job as a waiter at a cafe (yeah, it's not much but it keeps my pockets wet which is important as a uni' student). I'm also doing freelance web design which is a four figure pay day every few weeks. I'm also receiving random offers for jobs like being a swimming instructor at my old school.

I don't really plan on moving out until I either finish uni' or my web design business takes off. I simply cannot afford to pay for general expenses as well as tuition AND rent at the moment.

Reply





Messages In This Thread
RE: Leaving home, gathering funds, earning an income. How did you do it? - by Harvey - 10-16-2013, 03:41 AM