RE: Social | The musical aspects of mainstream society. 10-13-2013, 02:16 AM
#27
(10-13-2013, 02:07 AM)Ichi Wrote: The world isn't any stupider than it was 10 years ago or 1000 years ago for that matter. People have always followed others, that is how humans live, however the thing about trends you mentioned.. Its true that people change and adapt to new trends constantly and rarely does anything they want themselves, but that makes them neither stupid or freedom less. To me, full freedom is not doing what you want, its knowing that you can do whatever you want if you decide to do it. ( Be that against laws or not ) That is the only gift we humans are born with, its our sole purpose in life, to use the time we live on what we want. If people want to use that time on following trends, then that is a choice made of freedom. However, the last few generations are currently getting to comfy with their lives, that is why they change and adapt when the world changes. Its a survival instinct, no one wants to be left out, no one wants to be forgotten and most try to become the best of the people. The world has rules to be followed, but rules exists to be broken and to create order, however order couldn't exist without chaos.
Regardless on how you see it, people that follow trends still follow their own ideal of freedom, and their own goals. Just in a different way than you might see it as. The freedom I speak of is constant, and can't be stopped, as its in my opinion the meaning of humans.
You said that the past isn't what messed up the current generation, you said it was the internet and the fact that kids are raised by technology. Now I both agree and disagree with you on this. As I am a a few year younger than you it seems, ( I am 16 years old ) so my ideals might differ from yours. Its true that the internet is a place were one can learn anything, be that good or bad and its also true that a majority of kids these days are raised by internet, games and social medias. However, so was I more or less. Well that might be a little off to say as well.
But you also stated that a person saying I fuck your mom at the age of 12 as a pure bad thing. That is something I can't agree with, and the reason is quite simple. You're most likely raised in the way that says using a swear word like fuck is a negative thing, or so I guess at least. Now not everyone sees that as a completely negative thing, I for example don't. Mainly because its a word, but I say it positive because its a word that lets you get out some feelings. You also mentioned that kids get a negative behavior from certain games, that can be correct and it can be wrong depending on the kid. A person as myself wouldn't be negatively if you ask me, as my childhood wasn't really that filled with much besides negativity. However, I've rarely heard anything negative from my experience, nor do I think of it as a negative experience either. Also, about your comment about a game, I assume you are referring to 10 years old and such that plays games like GTA, Silent Hill and other adult titles? If that is correct, then that too also varies on the person. I spend most of my childhood from 7-10 years old playing titles like them and I've learned a lot from them and they made me the person I am now along with my other experience, but you will have to judge for yourself it it made me a worse or a better person.
I never said that I believed games have an influence on people. I also didn't say that saying "Fuck" is a bad thing. Good and bad are non existent to me. They are labels used to justify or explain an individuals behavior or sole action. I oppose labels and "Good" and "bad" are not excluded. However, when I was raised, people didn't say words like that. Kids had more respect towards others and that is something this generation is lacking. The respect.
I understand your views, but to me, following something is canceling your own ideals and accommodating to other's ideas, just because "that's what everybody else is doing" Now I am extremely against "herd conformity" in fact in my religion that is extremely looked down upon, and that leads to stupidity. Following useless trends just because others are doing it is highly stupid to me. However if something is good FOR YOU then you can get it or follow it.







![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)