Login Register






CoD or BF? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: CoD or BF? #9
FFVIII is not the same as VIII-2(VIII is a traditional linear JRPG, VIII-2 is less linear JRPG with ARPG elements.), but it is the same as VII. Fable is more focused on choice than FF is, though Fable bears similarities to early FF games, just with upgraded graphics. Forza is a carbon copy of NFS.

However those games, other than the racing ones, are quite fun. The gameplay doesn't get stale, as with most shooters.
And the thing is, with RPGs, there's almost always more to do. The most detailed description you can really give for how to play an FPS is "run, point, shoot, kill or be killed, repeat."
However, you mix in RPG elements into it, you've got the basic gameplay, but then you've got quests, and locations, and endless amounts of NPCs, and objects to play with.

But a raw FPS is always the same. It gets stale all too quickly.
And honestly, it's not just limited to FPSs.

I didn't like AC3, a series I love, just because the gameplay was so stale.
I didn't like GTA IV, a series I love, just because the gameplay was so stale.
I didn't like Pok'emon Black, a series I love, just because the gameplay was so stale.

Not only are all these the same as other games, they're all too similar to themselves.

Really, the only games that are the same that I can stand is the Fallout series, and that's only because that series defines immersion.

Now if more shooters payed as much attention to detail as Bethesda and Obsidian do, I'd be more willing to play them.

I kinda lost track of what I was saying and don't feel like rereading right now. If I kinda trailed off there into something else, forgive me.
[Image: tumblr_m73y8go3jd1rb7u8co1_500.gif]
Avatars are for faggots.

Reply





Messages In This Thread
CoD or BF? - by Bacon - 07-05-2013, 07:16 PM