Login Register






Most succesfull money making venture? filter_list
Author
Message
RE: Most succesfull money making venture? #2
Mine so far was buying and selling. After watching listings in Craigslist and FB Marketplace within 100 miles of me, I started watching them like a HAWK in order to be the first to see the posts. I found a guy who inherited 3 mini storage units of temporary storage from his uncles closed hardware store, the bill for the mini storage was 3 days away, so everything had to be out in 2 days so he could clean up and sweep up an d get his name off the lease. Tons of dusty boxed water heaters and uninteresting stuff. I bought everything from him for $1,000 with the agreement that he'd not need to worry, I'd get a truck and trailer and guys and get all the stuff out. This is just what he wanted to hear, nobody else of the 3 people he already talked to could promise that. I figured I'd figure something out in an hour or two, I went up to the rental office and offered them $100 per unit (instead of the $450 per unit normally charged) for an extra month and told him that if I needed more time I'd pay the going rate for each of them (something I'M SURE they end up doing for everyone who things it's just "for now") We made a deal, so $1K to the seller and the office put the units in my name, and $300 for the combined 3 units, and I listed the hotwater heaters with good photos after taking the boxes off (new looking without the old boxes) and sold them for $100 each and $150 each for the larger ones, and landlords from everywhere came and bought one or two and in maybe 2 weeks everything was gone, I paid $80 for dumpster usage for the boxes and packaging, and sold the small stuff on Ebay from home. I made $16,450 after expenses in under 3 weeks. I think a lot of money making is being vigilant, looking, thinking, searching constantly and definitely having a few thousand dollars on hand which really isn't that much, but it's enough to lock in a deal when you need it. I now watch industrial suppply closeout sites and unpopular auction sits like township listings and a lot of stuff is sold cheap in a lot of places because people just aren't looking harder than the average guy.

There really still is a ton of opportunity out there, legit stuff, all you have to do is keep thinking and looking.

Reply





Messages In This Thread
RE: Most succesfull money making venture? - by Kevins - 05-08-2024, 05:06 AM