RE: i played this game long time ago 04-22-2023, 08:33 PM
#2
For those who don't know: Technically speaking, the "new" one is the original game, just 20 years in with updates. The "old" one, otherwise known as OSRS, is a spin off for the nostalgia seekers. I hear it massively split the player base and there's this interesting rivalry between the two now.
You may prefer OSRS if you only played in it's pre-2007 years.
I started playing much later in life so only ever tried the ongoing version (RS3). I never tried the spin off. the graphics were a little off-putting for me on the current version when I first played, so the OSRS graphics might be a bit too dated for me. Plus, I have no nostalgia to fall back on to get me to play it. Maybe one day though! I'll stick to RS3 for now.
You may prefer OSRS if you only played in it's pre-2007 years.
I started playing much later in life so only ever tried the ongoing version (RS3). I never tried the spin off. the graphics were a little off-putting for me on the current version when I first played, so the OSRS graphics might be a bit too dated for me. Plus, I have no nostalgia to fall back on to get me to play it. Maybe one day though! I'll stick to RS3 for now.
![[Image: 4GNsK67.png]](http://i.imgur.com/4GNsK67.png)























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)