RE: If anyone needs help with anything related to nutrition/gym, ask here 08-28-2022, 07:01 PM
#25
(08-28-2022, 06:02 PM)LilWilly Wrote: Hey, amazing read so far in this thread; lots of useful info.For workouts. You could try full body/PHUL, I am currently on PHUL and it works very fine, Power hypertrophy upper lower. You can search them on google.
I'm a rather peculiar build perhaps at 6'7 (201cm) and 12 stone, and have always struggled to gain weight due to my insane metabolism.
Done a lot of home workouts and body weight training in pullups, skull crushers, pushups and loads of ab work for a few years now but haven't really seen good gains just overall more toned.
Tried to be a calorie surplus for awhile now with a high protein diet but again haven't changed. weight Considering going to a gym from now on and go hard with workouts and protein shakes with high calorie content. Wondered if you had any tips for workouts/diet
And for diet, you are not eating enough, sorry to tell you this but i feel you, i had the impression that i was eating enough before but it really wasn't, you need to go above your maintenance, and eat that daily, not sometimes, you need to be consistent, also track your calories and eat more if you didnt hit your goal.
I'm not using any app, I track them in my head, like this meal 1k calories, this meal 800 etc, there's room for error because i approximate down and there s no problem if i eat more, i just need to eat enough.
Also, you are skinny but not extremely? I mean 201 76kg is in normal bmi range(lower one but still), your bmi is 18.8 which above 18.5 is in normal ranges.
As an idea, i started at 14.9 bmi, which is extremely low. now i'm sitting at 17.7 and need 3 more kilos for 18.6, to be considered normal range, still on the skinnier side but at least not underweight.
Also, shakes are very good, it s very easy to take in liquid calories, I have a shake everyday with like 1200 calories, lots of peanut butter and a slight bit of olive oil for the fats and extra calories, it has the consistency of a smoothie and takes me an hour to drink everything but it's easier than eating, you could try a bulking shake like this and drink everyday, so you can eat less if you cannot eat more like me.
I also used the excuse fast metabolism in the past and etc, while that is true, if you eat above maintenance calories, you will gain weight 100% the more you eat above, the more weight you will gain, past the 500 calories surplus you will gain fat, the more you eat the more fat, but don't worry about it

Please refer to the calorie calculator, I posted earlier
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2022, 07:14 PM by Jidxja.)
Suffering builds character.






![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)