RE: Group mention 08-03-2022, 04:39 PM
#3
(08-03-2022, 04:18 PM)Jiggly Wrote: It's an interesting idea, though I'm not sure of the hurdles with coding something like that. E.g. if you have a user with the same name as the group. I'll say no more on that end, as I'm not the expert and that's really Oni's area.I didn't even think of that. That solves threads within the particular section, but let's say I'm in a thread outside of that and I would like the feedback from the group, this tagging would be great too. For example @mothered 's post here - https://sinister.li/Thread-Undecided-VIP...pid1129151
For staff it wouldn't be needed (there's literally only 3 of us anyway), but I can see how it would be useful for Deceit. However, my only thought is that people would not be able to opt-out of the pings. For example, on discord you can opt out of any @ everyone pings.
I suppose this is why we have the group subforum, so people in those groups can look at the posts if they want to. However, they're not notified that there is a new thread in there.
Edit: I'm an idiot. Oni just reminded me that users can subscribe to the group section. That would give them notifications.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2022, 04:39 PM by Defeat.)
Spoiler:
![[Image: rsz-rufdq6b.png]](https://i.postimg.cc/GpMWGWMN/rsz-rufdq6b.png)
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
Generally with our forum, I figured this went without saying. However, recent discussion has led me to believe otherwise. People are encouraged to read and follow our rules, especially those regarding illegal content. You have been warned - @Oni


























![[+]](https://sinister.li/images/modern/collapse_collapsed.png)